Therapeutic Turmeric - Potency BEYOND Store-Bought Turmeric
Cancer Prevention, Anti Inflammatory, Liver, Brain and Cardiovascular Health
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) a perennial herb of the ginger family, it is most popularly known as the major ingredient in curry. Used extensively in both the Chinese and Ayurvedic systems of medicine as an anti-inflammatory agent and in the treatment of cases ranging from bloody urine to colic. It definitely has been shown to live up to its name as a “Holy Powder.” Just add to any dish with pink salt, nutritional flakes and tomato concentrate for an awesome super food meal!
Turmeric has been described as following from studies and research articles:
- Antioxidant- especially in lipid peroxidation (protecting fats in the body)
- Anticarcinogenic- in all steps of carcinogenesis: initiation, promotion, progression and regression. Studies have shown it to induce apoptosis (cell death) in lung and colon tumor cell lines as well as reduce levels of urinary mutagens (abnormal cells).
- Anti Inflammatory
- A Cardiovascular Protectant- shown to lower cholesterol levels and inhibit platelet aggregation (blood sticking together).
- Hepatoprotective (Liver Protectant)- Protects against liver injury. Increases excretion of bile salts, cholesterol and bilirubin (waste products) from the liver, while bile flow.
- A Gastrointestinal Carminative and Protectant- shown to inhibit gas formation, intestinal spasm while increasing the secretion of digestive enzymes. Also shown to increase the protective mucus content of the stomach while protecting against ulcer formation.
- Protects Neurotransmitters
- Antimicrobial- inhibits the growth of most organisms.
Curcuminoid - A Powerful Antioxidant
The active compounds in turmeric known as curcuminoids are potent phytonutrients that contain powerful antioxidant properties, showing activity as much as 300 times greater than that of vitamin E. Curcumins help to counteract the damaging effects of free radicals in the body, help relieve arthritis pain and stiffness, possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties, exhibit anti-tumor properties, and exert extraordinary liver protection and rejuvenation properties.
This is NOT your Store-Bought Turmeric
Turmeric is a very delicate root whose nutritional content begins to degrade as soon as it is ground. The problem is that all turmeric found in the shelves of markets and most of them found in health food stores, are not properly stored and are not encapsulated. This poses a problem because its very exposure to air degrades its healing capabilities, leaving the turmeric only good for seasoning food, not for its therapeutic qualities.
Premier Research Labs is one of the only companies to encapsulate the turmeric immediately after it is ground, therefore preserving its therapeutic value. PRL is so determined to provide you with the best, that their employees must work overtime just to make sure that every bit is encapsulated that day. Furthermore, all bottles are made with a special violite that prevents light from coming in contact with the nutrients. This is vital, because just like air, light too can degrade its therapeutic nature. Therefore, PRL is the only way to truly see what Turmeric can do for you health as all other brands simply offer you a pixie dust amount of value.
Premier Turmeric, a Supplement and a Spice to Add to Your Food
Premier Turmeric can be taken daily in capsule form or can be enjoyed as an everyday spice you add to your food. Try adding it your oatmeal, grains and beans, or vegetable dishes. Whichever way turmeric is consumed, it will provide many wonderful benefits, especially for those with health issues related to inflammation, digestive issues, and skin issues.
Recommended Use: Adults and Children (age 4 and up): Take capsule 1 to 3 times daily. For special programs: Take up to 12 capsules daily. For dietary use: 1 or 2 capsules may be opened and mixed with food.
Turmeric (rhizome) (Curcuma longa).................500 mg
Other Ingredients: 100% solvent-free, excipient-free vegetable capsules.
Does Not Contain: Magnesium stearate (a toxic excipient), corn, milk, soy, salt, sugar, wheat, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, binders, glues or other toxic tagalongs as found in tablets and gelatin capsules. Store in a cool, dry place.
Violite™ Protected: Patent-pending dark violet-colored, #2 HDPE nontoxic plastic bottle engineered to block light between 450-720 nm, the range at which damage to nutrients occurs. Nitrogen flushed to protect freshness and prevent oxidation.